GTEC Startup Academy
Turn your idea into a company, Berlin-style.
Applications are closed for this round! Stay tuned for the next call for startups.
The 3-month GSA program consists of weekly (Thursdays and Fridays) mentoring sessions, workshops, work assignments, and individual mentoring, covering the entire startup story arc. In a nutshell, you arrive as a guy/girl/team with an idea – and you leave as the CEO of your own company.
The program will cover, among other things, the following points:
- Business analytics and VC rules
- Defining a thorough, bottom-up business model
- Professional sales, networking and international relations
- Legal setup and options, Intellectual Property, and Public Funding
- Pitching well to customers, investors, cofounders
- Explaining your idea in simple terms so journalists would want to write about you
- Conceiving a reasonable, fundable, profitable, convincing digital business idea
- Defining a vision and translating it into company values (brand, work atmosphere, management techniques, HR policies…)
- Working and partnering profitably with Corporate Germany
- Founders give 4% in shares of the companies they create in or bring into GSA
- Two teams will be eligible for investment on a convertible note of 25.000€ each at the end of the program. Meaning: it pays to make an effort
- Participants get 3 months of full-time free co-working space at GTEC and an additional 3 months after the program
- You don’t need a business plan, a complete team, or a demo yet – but you need to have an idea of what problem you’re dying to solve with the company you’re going to start
- Your English needs to be good enough to write and pitch with confidence
- You need to either bring an incorporated company (e.g. a German UG or GmbH or its equivalent in other countries) or be ready to incorporate before the end of the program
- You need to put some 22 hours of work per week into developing your idea into a company, with Thursdays and Fridays spent co-working at GSA HQ
- You need to be able to personally attend sessions and workshops in Berlin